Little Rays, Moira are advertising for a nursery assistant to join our team on a 32 hour contract. Applicant must have Level 3 in Child Care and Education or equivalent. Previous day nursery experience is preferred. Unqualified candidates may apply but will be required to complete a child care course. The overall policies, procedures and risk assessments are laid down by management. These must be read before employment commences. They will be reviewed and updated annually and all staff should ensure they carry out their duties in accordance with these policies, procedures and risk assessments. .
- To provide a stimulating and varied programme for the children, ensuring that the well-being and safety of the children is paramount at all times.
- To integrate and work as a team with the other staff members, to maintain a harmonious atmosphere.
- Be prepared to work with any age group within the setting.
- Ensure all children and parents are greeted warmly on arrival, and all parents are kept well informed of their child's daily activities and development.
Skills and Qualifications
- All staff must have up to date Child Protection training at all times. This should be updated every 3 years.
- To ensure the activities for the planned activities for the children are carried out and meet the needs of those children.
- Previous day nursery experience preferred.
- Be prepared to drive nursery vehicles to transport children.
- Be willing to obtain and maintain an appropriate First Aid certificate if required.
We are a family run business. Work time: Shifts will be between 7:30am-6:00pm can be discussed. Additional holidays awarded for good attendance. Reduced childcare for own children. Professional development. Career progression opportunities. Team treat days.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Childcare and Social Work
- Co Armagh
- To be discussed, hourly rate depending on age.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Shifts between 7:30am-6:00pm can be discussed.