Analytical and Dispensary Scientist
A new opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated individual with an interest in materials and analytical chemistry to join our newly formed dispensary department. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting of all incoming raw materials for Randox Laboratories Ltd. This position will be based at our Randox Science Park in Antrim..
- Assessing and recording incoming raw materials and storing them in accordance with Randox policies/legislation.
- Helping dispensary scientists with assessing and recording incoming raw materials and storing them in accordance with Randox polices/legislation.
- Processing data for the analysis of incoming raw materials using standard spectroscopic techniques in accordance with departmental workflows and giving vital information to scientists to help with decisions on pass/fail criteria.
- Formulating and dispensing required orders to all departments within Randox using state of the art dispensing facilities.
- Working alongside managerial staff to help monitor the necessary functioning within the department.
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to at least degree level in chemistry or biology related science. Candidates without a degree with similar work experience are welcome to apply.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently.
- Associated scientific and technical knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail, with good communication and organisational skills.
- Proficient with a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Be able to demonstrate good laboratory practice skill.
- Experience with Health and Safety aspects of dealing with chemicals, including COSHH.
- Educated to a degree level in a science related discipline.
- Experience of general lab techniques.
- Experience with handling biological samples.
Work time: Shift patterns.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Co Antrim
- To be confirmed
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Shift patterns