Mobile Catering Assistant
To actively participate in the daily operation of the Catering Unit under the direction of the Senior/Unit Catering Supervisor. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the unit..
- Basic preparation of food and beverages, including the preparation of vegetables and snacks using appropriate equipment.
- Simple cooking, including the reconstitution of prepared food.
- Organising and controlling food service points.
- Transferring and serving meals and snacks including transported meals.
- Assisting with the promotion of meals to pupils, parents and principal.
- Maintaining regular contact with the central kitchen, if applicable, with regard to all aspects of service delivery.
Skills and Qualifications
- Willingness to undertake job related training
- Have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Education Authority business) that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner. OR
- Provide sufficient information to satisfy the employer that you have access to an appropriate alternative form of transport that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner.
- Experience of working in a customer service or catering role
Work Time: Monday - Friday. Antrim and Magherafelt Area's. A retainer fee is paid during school holidays and Essential Car User Allowance. The Education Authority (EA) seek to appoint mobile catering assistants to cover kitchens in schools within the Antrim and Magherafelt Area's. A base location (at a school close to home) will be agreed with the successful candidate on appointment. Suitable applicants who are not appointed to immediate vacancies will be placed on a reserve list which will remain valid for one year and may be offered similar appointments at the discretion of the EA during that period.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- Co Antrim
- £10.8894 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Work Time: Monday - Friday