Prisoner Custody Officer (Driver/Escort)
Prison is a complex working environment which is both challenging and rewarding. Challenging in terms of the individuals who will be in your care; rewarding, because you will have the opportunity to make a difference as you challenge and support them to change. PECCS staff have responsibility for the safe operation of the cell holding areas in each Courthouse throughout Northern Ireland and for producing prisoners in court rooms when required. .
- PECCS staff have responsibility for the safe operation of the cell holding areas in each Courthouse throughout Northern Ireland and for producing prisoners in court rooms when required.
- Additionally PECCS are a prisoner transport and escorting service for adult males, adult females, young people and children within the Criminal Justice System.
- Driver/Escort staff use cellular vehicles which hold and deploy, mainly, from Maghaberry Prison.
- The main administrative centre for NIPS, Prison Service Headquarters, is located on the Stormont Estate, Belfast, and the Prison Service College (PSC) is currently located at Hydebank Wood.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a valid full Category B Car Driving Licence which enables the post holder to drive in the UK and have no more than 3 current active penalty points and not have been disqualified from driving in the last four years.
- Applicants must hold or be willing to attain a D1 Licence.
- Applicants who do not hold a valid D1 Licence at the closing date for receipt of applications must be prepared to undertake the training and pass the test to obtain this Licence for which NIPS will meet reasonable associated costs
- Be aged 21 or older to enable application for the category D1 licence. Note that The only exception to this is if you are aged 18 - 20 and have already passed the driving test for D1 category vehicles and hold the Driver Certificate of Professional
Work time: To be confirmed. We are looking for individuals who are motivated, courageous, respectful, resilient and compassionate; people who want to work as part of a professional team in a dynamic environment. If you believe you have what it takes, then why not join the Northern Ireland Prison Service. Further details on the Northern Ireland Prison Service are available at: www.justice-ni.gov.uk/topics/prisons NICS Application form only, vacancy closing date Friday 30th June at 12 noon. The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Applications from Roman Catholics, women, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcome for this post. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
To apply and for further information, please visit www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk (Employer Ref: IRC293455)
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Security and General
- All of Northern Ireland
- NI Various
- £23,627 - £26,589 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- To be confirmed