Assist with running the day to day catering operation in the Hostel to deliver excellent food quality services and maintain high standards of hygiene and resident satisfaction. .
- Contribute to the preparation and serving of meals.
- Ensure that all food served is sufficient in quantity and quality and that it is well presented.
- Promote and ensure a high standard of hygiene, of equipment in the kitchen, stores, and dining room.
- Ensure the secure storage of all provisions.
- Have due regard for health, safety and fire standards in the department and ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety and Health and Hygiene legislation, policies, and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
- An understanding of hygiene considerations within a catering environment.
- An understanding of health and safety considerations in a catering environment.
- Ability and willingness to work unsocial hours.
- Six months experience in a catering or hospitality environment.
- Food hygiene certificate
- Catering qualification
Work time shift pattern/rota basis. For a full job profile and details on how to apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date for Applications: 5pm on Tuesday 13 June 2023.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- Derry or Londonderry
- Men's Hostel, 19A Crawford Square, Derry/Londonderry
- £10.87 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Shift pattern/rota basis