Do you have a degree in a Science subject? Are you looking for full time work with a strong work life balance? You will support the teaching staff within the science department by preparing materials and equipment for lessons whilst maintaining the laboratories..
- To provide equipment and materials to support Chemistry practical teaching
- To deliver equipment to classrooms; collect, check and return equipment to stores after lessons
- To prepare teacher demonstrations and assist in practical classes as required
- To ensure adequate stocks of glassware, goggles, bunsen burners in laboratories
- To prepare audio-visual equipment and teaching aids for teaching staff
- To maintain laboratory equipment, apparatus and resources, carrying out (or arranging for) the repair and replacement as necessary
- To assist with the general cleaning of the laboratory sinks and benches; tidy and clean prep, room shelves etc
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate in Science or related subject
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Flexible and open to temporary work
- As the nature of this post is likely to involve working with or being in close contact with children and/or vulnerable adults any offer of appointment will be subject to an Enhanced Access NI Disclosure.
Work time: Monday to Friday 8.50am to 4.00pm. Weekends off.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Derry or Londonderry
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Monday to Friday 8.50am to 4.00pm