Senior Unit Catering Supervisor
To be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of a catering service. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the unit(s)..
- Execute skilled cooking activities connected to the full range of menu provision for example preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and function catering where appropriate.
- Organise and supervise food service, to include all aspects, service points and the transportation of meals.
- Supervise and direct other employees including allocating duties and work rotas. Where employed at a transporting kitchen, duties also incorporate the work routine of the Catering Assistants and the operational issues of dining centres.
- Actively participate in the implementation of all policies relating to staff issues e.g. managing attendance, disciplinary and grievance.
- Complete clerical duties associated with the efficient running of the kitchen, including cash handling.
- Responsible for the managing of all resources to include food, labour, overheads and equipment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold either (A) or (B): NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or City & Guilds 706-1 & 706-2 or equivalent or higher relevant qualification OR Three years experience of food preparation and cooking within a catering establishment
- Evidence of effective supervision or management of a catering team
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
- Knowledge of stock control and budget management
- Willingness to undertake job related training
- Evidence in the practical use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of delivering training
- Have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Education Authority business) that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner OR
- Provide sufficient information to satisfy the employer that you have access to an appropriate alternative form of transport that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner
There is 1 immediate vacancy available at present. Suitable applicants who are not appointed to this vacancy will be placed on a reserve list for the West Belfast area which will remain valid for one year and may be offered similar appointments at the discretion of EA during that period.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- Belfast, St Louise's Comprehensive College
- £11.9165 - £12.8142 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Monday - Friday (7:30am to 3pm, or to fit in with the needs of the service provision)