Mobile Unit Catering Supervisor
To be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of a catering service. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the unit(s). .
- Execute skilled cooking activities connected to the full range of menu provision for example preparation of menus, portion control, special dietary meals and function catering where appropriate.
- Organisation and supervision of food service, to include all aspects, service points and the transportation of meals.
- Actively promote the service through parents, principals and customers to increase the uptake of meals.
- Ensure all catering practice complies with appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
- Responsible for securing the unit.
- Actively participate in the implementation of all policies relating to staff issues e.g. managing attendance, disciplinary and grievance.
- Provide induction and on-going staff training.
- All duties must be carried out to comply with: (a) Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other Legal requirements. (b) Codes of Practice.
- Duties will be carried out for jobs up to and including those in the same grade, provided such duties are within the competence of the employee.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold either (A) or (B):
- (A) NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cooking or City & Guilds 706-1 & 706-2 or equivalent or higher relevant qualification or (B) Two years' experience of food preparation and cooking within a catering establishment.
- Evidence of effective supervision or management of a catering team.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- The successful candidate will be required:
- Have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Education Authority business) that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide sufficient information to satisfy the employer that you have access to an appropriate alternative form of transport that will enable you to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrable knowledge of stock control and budget management.
- Demonstrable evidence in the practical use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering training.
Base location to be agreed upon appointment, the successful candidate will cover kitchens in the Craigavon and Banbridge area. There are 4 vacancies and a reserve list will be created which will remain valid for 1 year. Candidates must have access to a suitable vehicle (appropriately maintained and insured for Education Authority business) that will enable them to carry out the mobility requirements of the post in an efficient and effective manner.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- All of Northern Ireland
- Armagh Office - Banbridge and Craigavon
- £11.4935 - £11.7029 per hour.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Monday to Friday.