Youth Support Worker
The Youth Support Worker will help the current youth work team to plan, deliver and monitor current session delivery across all projects and help with youth work administration. To contribute to the development of Youth Link through the implementation of Youth Link’s Strategic and Operational Plan. To assist in the delivery of a suite of community relations, good relations, active citizenship and youth work training programmes for young people and young adults (accredited and non-accredited). Engage with and provide support to local and regional church, youth and community based organisations to build meaningful relationships and partnerships. Create content to support engagement across all platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) and with a range of relevant audiences to promote Youth Link and increase awareness of programmes and courses..
- Assist in the delivery of accredited and non-accredited training programmes (youth work/good relations/personal development).
- Build meaningful relationships with local and regional church, youth and community based organisations for potential partnership working and provide support as required.
- Produce creative material tailored to a range of online channels and audiences and regularly update Youth Link's website and social media platforms with created content inline with Youth Link's Communication Plan.
- Represent Youth Link by attending youth sector and other appropriate events and responding to stakeholder enquiries. Assist in implementing exhibitions and events such as bookings on Eventbrite, event set up and guest registration.
- Work within an agreed budget in liaison with a Line Manager.
- To maintain effective records, participate in regular supervision meetings with Line Manager and undertake appropriate in-service training.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post and agreed by Line Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- All training will be provided on the job.
- Previous experience in the areas listed on the job description.
The Employer is: YOUTH LINK: NI Although this is a full-time temporary opportunity, hours may be extended and it could lead to a permanent position. The job advert may end before the closing date if requested by the employer. 16/17yrs £5.28, 18/20yrs £7.49, 21/22yrs £10.18, 23/24yrs £10.42 per hour
JOBSTART IS OPEN TO 16-24 YEAR OLDS. If you are on UC contact your Work Coach via your Journal. If you are in receipt of JSA, IS or ESA phone a Work Coach on 0300 200 7807. If you are 16-24 years old, unemployed, not in education or training and not in receipt of benefits phone 028 90726788.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Youth Link NI
- Job Sector
- Childcare and Social Work
- See Further Information
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- Varied hours including evenings and weekends