Development Officer (Tree & Woodland)
Develop, review and implement the Council’s Tree & Woodland Policy. Develop, identify, and promote the appreciation and enjoyment of tree and woodland assets and resource in all their aspects across the Borough. Ensure a customer focused approach by engaging with key stakeholders to identify and implement environmental and commercial measures and sustainable project solutions. Please refer to Council website for a full description of the duties - ardsandnorthdown.getgotjobs.co.uk .
- Develop, review and implement the Councils Tree & Woodland Policy.
- Develop, identify, and promote the appreciation and enjoyment of tree and woodland assets and resource in all their aspects across the Borough.
Skills and Qualifications
- Level 3 or above relevant technical discipline such as Arboriculture, Woodland Management, Conservation, Horticulture or similar.
- Achieved the Lantra Professional Tree Inspection Qualification or similar (refresher required if achieved within five years) or without this Qualification must obtain within 12 months of appointment.
- Two years experience in providing professional advice and guidance on Arboriculture Services or similar to Management.
- Two years experience in writing and presenting technical reports to management.
- Two years experience in engaging effectively with stakeholders including partners, community groups, volunteers and the public.
- Two years experience in delivering successful outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Two years experience in understanding of Health and Safety and undertaking practical risk assessments.
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours at weekends, evenings and public holidays as dictated by the needs of the service.
- Be prepared to update the Professional Tree Inspection Qualification at least every five years or as recommended by the qualification body.
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK (minimum Category B) with access to a form of transport that will allow fulfilment of the duties or have access to a suitable form of transport which will enable the post holder to meet the requirements.
- Appointment will be subject to completion of a medical questionnaire including a pre-employment Drugs and Alcohol Screening.
- Level 4 or above in a relevant technical discipline such Arboriculture, Woodland Management, Conservation, Horticulture, or similar.
- Please refer to Council website for a full description of the requirements - ardsandnorthdown.getgotjobs.co.uk
Applications for this post will be channelled exclusively through Council’s GETGOT system. However, Council will consider requests for applications in hard copy and will provide alternative arrangements if possible. Local Government is committed to fair and equal treatment to all those seeking employment and in employment.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- ST 12523
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Co Down
- Across the Borough
- Sale SO2, SCP 26-28, £30,984-£32,798 per annum
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date