Head of Forestry Division - Grade 6
The HFD will have considerable senior experience in a substantial forestry organisation dealing with public policy issues and commercial practice and will be able to draw on the learning and experience of others through their network of supporting contacts. The HFD will lead and deliver fully integrated policy and operational forestry functions on behalf of DAERA to provide the CE and the Minister with assurance and advice which has the confidence of industry and other stakeholders and deliver a wide range of ecosystem services and benefits, derived from the forest assets, with proportionate effort and cost..
- The HFD will provide high quality strategic and professional advice to the CE and Ministers:
- The HFD will provide assurance to the CE and Agency Accounting Officer.
- The HFD will command the confidence of professional foresters and the multidisciplinary team of 150 staff to plan and deliver a comprehensive forestry programme.
- They will also provide leadership and direction of priority workstreams within the following functional work areas to meet the Agencys targets and business objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must, by the closing date for applications: 1a. Possess an honours degree in forestry; OR
- 1b. Another relevant educational qualification and experience that has been assessed by the Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and has met the requirements for award of Full Professional Membership status; AND
- 2. Hold current Chartered status in a forestry or other discipline considered relevant by the panel; or be a current technical member of a recognised professional forestry body; AND
- 3. Have at least 3 years experience, gained within the last 7 years, of strategic decision making and contribution to policy formulation delivery at a senior management level AND
- 4. Have at least 3 years experience of successfully leading staff in a medium sized and complex organisation and establishing working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders operating at senior levels.
- In addition applicants should be aware that after an eligibility sift, should it be necessary to shortlist candidates to go forward to interview, the following shortlisting criteria will be used.
‘NICS Application form only, Vacancy closing date 9th December at 12 noon.’ Please Note: This is generic and may change from competition to competition. Applications from Protestants, females, young people (people under the age of 35), people with a disability and people from minority ethnic communities are particularly welcomed for this post The Northern Ireland Civil Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Visit the recruitment service website www.nicsrecruitment.org.uk (Please quote reference number: IRC276497)
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Public Sector
- Co Fermanagh
- Enniskillen, Inishkeen House
- £61,742 - £67,403 per annum.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date