Financial Accountant (Financial Accounting)
As the Financial Accountant at Clanmil Housing, you will support the financial reporting and budgetary processes. This includes the monthly management reporting, quarterly Board reporting including financial analysis and assistance with statutory and other external regulatory reporting to stakeholders such as grant funders NI Charities Commission, Financial Conduct Authority and the Department of Communities. You are part of a wider team and inspire the Financial Accounting team and supervise their activities and build strong relationships across departments to gather information required to meet the reporting cycles. You will be a CCAB fully qualified accountant who has at least one year’s experience of the preparation of statutory accounts including compilation of appropriate working papers and dealing with external auditors. It would also be advantageous if you had at least two years’ experience of the preparation of management accounts and budgets and have at least six months’ experience of dealing with VAT and Indirect Taxes. In return, we offer a fantastic rewards package from generous annual leave, healthcare, pension contributions and an award-winning work-life balance package which we are happy to tell you about. .
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of Monthly CHA Management Accounts reporting within agreed timescales and circulation for management review and Board; obtain updates and hold responsible budget holders to account.
- Supervision of monthly Rent control and Purchase ledger account reconciliations providing assurance to the Assistant Director of Finance as to the completeness of financial transactions of 50 millions of turnover and 40 million pounds of costs.
- Prepare reporting and accounting of House sales (RTB, Equity Share), supported by Finance administrators.
- Ensure all financial KPIs derived from management accounts up to date and made available to KPI owners in a timely manner for KPI reporting.
- Assist annual review of existing budget templates and identify improvements and lessons learned to make the process smoother and improve accuracy of forecasts.
Skills and Qualifications
- CCAB Fully Qualified Accountant.
- At least one years experience of the preparation of statutory accounts including compilation of appropriate working papers and dealing with external auditors.
- At least two years experience of the preparation of management accounts and budgets.
- At least six months experience of dealing with VAT and Indirect Taxes and dealing with tax authorities.
- Have at least 1 years experience of managing staff to include the setting and monitoring of agreed objectives and performance management (within the last 6 years).
Work time: 37 hours flexi. For further information contact our recruitment team by phone on 02890876011 or by email at email@example.com
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Accountancy and Finance
- £40,000 per annum (under review)
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date