We have an exciting opportunity for an Employment Officer to join our Employment & Personal Development team, based in our Magherafelt office, covering the North locality on a full-time (37.5 hours per week) fixed term contract (due to end 31st March 2023). The successful candidate will be based working from home initially, with a view to working from the office as part of a hybrid approach. This will be kept under review. This post is part-funded by the European Social Fund, the Department for the Economy and Department for Communities. You will work as part of a team to support people with a learning disability to access a range of employment and training opportunities..
- Support individuals who apply to the service to develop their personal and employability skills.
- To secure and sustain paid or voluntary work and progress towards individuals chosen training/employment goals.
- Generate a range of high quality, appropriate placements and paid employment opportunities, through engagement with employers and effective promotion of Mencap services.
Skills and Qualifications
- Team player
- Performance Delivery
- Safe Practitioner
- Planner and Recorder
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to travel to meetings, events and training, as well as to other Mencap locations when required
- May be required to work outside normal office hours.
Salary: £21,696 per annum pro rata. Work Time: To be confirmed. Location: Magherafelt Work time: To be confirmed.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Human Resource
- Derry or Londonderry
- See Further Info.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date