Production Technician (IT)
Industrial Temps are delighted to be working in partnership with Moy Park, one of the UK’s top 15 food companies, Northern Ireland’s largest private sector business and one of Europe’s leading poultry producers. We are seeking a Production Technician to join a busy team, based in Ballymena. The IT Factory Support Technicians primary role is to provide 1st/2nd Level operational support to the Production floor, providing general IT and Systems related IT support. The role requires a proactive approach to corrective maintenance in a high-speed food manufacturing environment, alongside preventative maintenance and planned work. While the primary operational focus is the re-in statement of services/systems, the emphasis is to provide quality and long-term solutions as part of the continuous improvement in support of the business. The role covers a wide variety of systems and services to the Factory in a 24/7 environment and requires a high level of professionalism and commitment, good time management and the ability to complete planned activities alongside incident management..
- Provide 1st and 2nd Level IT support to all factory/production operations, utilising an IT/IS system, to ensure the IT operational capability of the factory is maintained at the required levels.
- Use of the group IT helpdesk system, taking ownership and managing calls.
- Program, update and carryout IT-level repair of Libellers, Ink Jet Coders, Printing Devices (various Production/Label Printing Devices), Check Weighs, Graders and Production Scales.
- Design and produce Labels, in support of the Technical Department and Quality Control/Assurance, to deliver quality Product Labels to the Production Lines.
- Manage Product Data for Production Systems that require manually updating and are not maintained by the Technical Team.
- Provide support to 3rd Level IT, including external Maintenance/Support.
- Capture and Record faults in support of the Service Desk Function, assisting with identifying root causes and trends (rather than quick fixes).
- Communicate faults and escalate effectively to enable Production Managers to make timely and accurate decisions.
- Contribute to Label control and management.
- Contribute to training and training documentation, in support of the Site Training Team.
- Provide a proactive approach to understanding the systems aligned to business processes and requirements.
- Develop knowledge and skills, including technical skills, for systems and processes, through formal training provided by the business. Proactive approach in understanding the business and systems being supported.
- Any other duties that may be required, in support of the team and the business.
- Take responsibiliy for, and always promote workplace organisation.
- Optimise energy usage, looking at opportunities for energy reduction and carbon footprint reduction.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Promote help desk logging within the factory during evening and weekend shifts and ensure that these are assigned, resolution/update notes added and closed off in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Product Data Systems.
Skills and Qualifications
- General aptitude for IT/IS and the ability to learn and follow troubleshooting procedures.
- Good understanding of networks.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Good level of ability and competence in regard to technical problem solving/or ability to demonstrate experience of a systems approach to fault finding.
- Ability to use initiative in assessing, identifying, and communicating opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- Good Communication Skills, verbal and written and be able to demonstrate the ability to liaise in a professional manner with cross- functional teams and non-technical end users.
- Ability to work on own initiative while working within a strategy or under direction.
- Effective in the management of Customer/Staff expectations.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to contribute effectively as part of a small IT Support Team. (focus on Quality of Services).
- A flexible attitude and commitment to provide support.
- Full valid UK Driving Licence.
- Proven experience of IT support within a FMCG environment/ food production would be advantageous.
- Experience with specific equipment and technologies would be an advantage (Label Printers, Check Weighers, Marel Graders, Ink Jet Coders, Dimaco Vision System, Innova).
- GCSE (grade C or above), or equivalent in ICT.
If you're interested in this role, please forward your CV to: Karolina.Pawlicka@industrialtemps.com or contact our Ballymena office on 028 2542 0140 and ask to speak with Karolina. Industrial Temps are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Work time - 6am - 6pm, 5 days one week, 2 days the next week.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Co Antrim
- £9.80 per hour and holiday pay.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date