Furniture/General Maintenance/Repair Technician
This position is for the repairing and getting ready for sale of all items being reused from our bulky waste business. Also general yard and property maintenance will play a big part in the daily duties. Occasionally there will be a need to assist the van driver on collections of bulky waste as and when needed. .
- The candidate will be responsible for ensuring all items presented to them for repair are fixed, cleaned and presentable for sale to the public. Also any general yard and property maintenance duties to be fulfilled to a high standard.
- There will be a need on occasion to assist the van driver and filling in for him on bulky waste collection runs collecting, loading and unloading of items as and when needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in a maintenance, construction, repair environment
- Ability to work within a small close knit team
- Carpentry skills highly sought
- Van driving experience on deliveries or collect
- Timekeeping skills
- Skills in plumbing, wiring, carpentry, metalwork desirable
- Well organised
- Willingness to learn and improve on skill set
work time: 8.30am to 5.00pm, days to be confirmed. Access to own transport needed. You will be part of a small dynamic team working on a very reactive basis to incoming jobs. A good sense of comradery so as to gel well with others will be needed as we work as one team in a very supportive and developing environment. You will be accountable to the head of maintenance on any jobs undertaken and also to the head van driver while out on collections. We are looking to employ someone who is open to learning and improving their current skill base and adding new skill sets. We provide a very supportive environment and need someone willing to learn and be taught.
- Vacancy ID
- Job Sector
- Construction, Trades and Architecture
- Co Armagh
- £9.90 per hour
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- 8.30am to 5.00pm, days to be confirmed.