An integral role within Silver Birch Lodge to ensure the smooth running of the Nursing Home. As a Kitchen Assistant, you will help with food preparation and catering in accordance with Health and Safety and Food Standard regulations. Monitor and maintain kitchen cleaning schedules ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean; including the washing up of crockery and utensils when required. To assist in covering Leave of other Kitchen Assistant Staff. Enhanced rate of pay public holidays Paid Enhanced AccessNI check Full paid induction Free uniform provided Company pension scheme 28 days annual leave Free Tea and Coffee at breaktimes Free Online Training .
- To help prepare food and cook in a hygienic manner
- To be aware of the residents' dietary needs and respond to their comments and requests in respect of the menu
- To be involved with the preparation and serving of breakfast
- To hold a suitable Level 2 food hygiene certificate
- To dispose of waste correctly
- To ensure all food is used within prescribed period, with particular attention to perishable goods
- To contribute in the serving of food
- To ensure cleaning duites are completed daily according to cleaning schedule
- To keep a high standard of appearance and personal cleanliness
- To perform other such reasonable duties as may be required
Skills and Qualifications
- Good Understanding of English Language required
- Ability to work both in a team but also, ability to work solo, using own initiative
- Previous experience in a catering role desired
- Food Hygiene Level 2, desired but not required
Work time: 8.00am-6.00pm. All offers will be subject to satisfactory AccessNI Enhanced Disclosure and References.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone:02897510392 to arrange interview.
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- Co Down
- To be discussed with applicant.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date