Senior Sous Chef
Killyhevlin HotelEmployer Location: Fermanagh
Phone Number: 02866323481
Experienced Senior Sous Chef required to help ensure the smooth running of the kitchen..
- Support Head Chef managing the kitchen.
- Manage kitchen staff, including rota, disciplinary & HR issues in the absence of Head Chef.
- Lead chefs in cooking & preparing meals, including checking food quality & overseeing cooking techniques.
- Prepare & cook food (hands on role).
- Take responsibility for more technical elements of cuisine.
- Train junior chefs.
- Induct new employees.
- Design / help Head Chef create menus.
- Work within specified budgets.
- Ensure kitchen meets high quality standards.
- Complete food hygiene documents to comply with the law & write environmental health reports when necessary.
- Establish strong relationships with staff in other areas of the business, including managers and front of house teams.
- Deputise for Head Chef in his absence. Order supplies & negotiate with suppliers.
- Manage inventory & keeping control of stock.
- Organise produce & ensure strict adherence to food hygiene regulations. Supervise food preparation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience of the role in a busy hotel environment.
- Imaginative cooking skills.
- Mentoring and training ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Calm approach to stressful environments.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good computer literacy.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Negotiation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hospitality and catering industry.
- Good standard of education.
- Excellent timekeeper, with flexibility.
- Thoughtful colleague & team-mate.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Permitted to legally live & work in Northern Ireland/UK (evidence of immigration status & right to work with ID).
- Ability to understand, speak and write in English as this is the primary language of the client base.
Work time: Shifts according to business includes weekends. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.We supply uniform, meal on duty, on-the-job & essential product training, secure staff car parking, employee of the month award, staff discounts. No staff accommodation. Evidence required of Right to Work in UK/NI & Immigration Status. Email up-to date CV to: email@example.com
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Hotel and Catering
- Co Fermanagh
- To be confirmed
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date