About Our Group: Process Engineering Group are responsible for delivering world leading wafer manufacturing processes for volume production of recording heads for hard disc drives. We are currently undergoing some exciting transition to the next generation of recording head technology. We are looking for high calibre recent PhD graduates to join us to take on the challenging roles of leading this transition in this world class high-tech manufacturing facility. About the role: The successful candidate will work within our engineering team to help deliver world-leading technology and process capability. Your role will involve characterizing and improving materials for HAMR(Heat-assisted-magnetic-recording) processes, controlling, and improving processes to deliver the best recording head performance and yield. You may also work across Process Engineering and RD teams, to help deliver breakthrough processes for key technologies to enable volume production on our next generation products. .
- Fabricate and characterizing magnetic thin films in HAMR recording heads
- Work with wafer manufacturing technologies such as Photolithography, Thin Film Deposition, Electroplating and related metrology
- Set up and control processes according to wafer performance specifications. Implement Statistical Process control and set up rules and procedures for reacting to out-of-control situations
- Working with Equipment Vendors for qualification of new equipment and processes and introduction of new technology
- Engage with the Development team for new process qualification and new product introduction
- Participate in cross functional teams for yield improvement and scrap reduction
Skills and Qualifications
- Recently graduated from or in the final stage of your PhD degree in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry or other similar disciplines.
- Have experience in fabrication and characterisation of materials at nanoscale
- Familiar with wafer manufacturing processes and technology
- Knowledge in data analytical techniques
Please apply directly through Seagate Careers, link attached; https://seagatecareers.com/job/DerryLondonderry-Material-Scientist/1096319800/
- Vacancy ID
- Job ref.
- Job Sector
- Pharmaceutical and Science
- Derry or Londonderry
- To be confirmed.
- No. vacancies
- Contract Type
- Weekly hours
- Published date
- Closing date
- To be confirmed